Let me start with an introduction: Hi, I’m Gabby, a proud, body-positive female boudoir photographer!
My goal with Embodied Art Boudoir Studio is not to run “just another” boudoir studio. I started this endeavor with the goal of shaking up the approach to female empowerment by offering women a meaningful experience that supports their confidence, helps them step into their power & advances their self-love/acceptance journey.
My studio is a safe haven with curated touches that enable women to let go while feeling secure enough to do so. I strive to make it our little corner of the world where you exist to be free & powerful.
What Is A Body-Positive Boudoir Photographer & Studio?
Body positivity embodies the empowering movement that rebels against the societal expectation that women need to conform to certain physical appearances to be embraced & accepted.
While the primary focus often revolves around issues of weight & body type, the movement also encompasses matters of race, gender, sexuality, & disability. Everyone is included!
The essence of body positivity lies in advocating for universal appreciation & respect, for individuals exactly as they are. It fervently promotes acceptance of every body, cultivating self-confidence while challenging & rejecting unattainable body ideals. No, no one looks like that airbrushed insta-model in real life!
There’s a notable lack of body diversity across various media platforms. Media projections significantly influence our perspectives. The content we absorb from the media profoundly impacts our self-esteem, the lack of normalization of larger bodies, & our collective definition of what is deemed “beautiful.”
That’s where I step in on my campaign to truly shake up & diversify the media we see by photographing women of every background, shape, & size, you name it. I love celebrating women & want them to see themselves from a new angle & perspective. While everyone is on a different body acceptance journey, a boudoir photoshoot can amplify confidence in a brand new way.
Speaking of acceptance journeys, it’s high time to acknowledge that body positivity is simply not accessible for everyone. At its essence, body neutrality champions the concept of recognizing & valuing your body for its non-physical attributes rather than its physical appearance. The goal is to dissociate self-worth from physical looks.
The term “neutral” is key. Maintaining neutrality towards your body implies relinquishing the burden to love oneself or the presumption that one “ought to” feel comfortable in their own skin at all times. Body neutrality accentuates the significance of acknowledging your body’s current state, appreciating it for everything it does, while offering it gratitude for all it does every day.
Wherever you land, know at my studio & with my goals, you will be embraced & supported every single step of the way of your shoot!
Challenge Societal Beauty Standards With Me!
When you do a boudoir photography session with me, you are joining forces with me to challenge society’s beauty standards! Sooo not only are you supporting your own growth but you can help inspire a plethora of other women! 😉
Challenging societal beauty standards is an integral part of creating a more inclusive & tolerant society. By focussing on body-positive boudoir photography, it serves as a powerful tool in this endeavor, subverting traditional beauty ideals by capturing the elegance, strength, & sensuality of diverse bodies.
By representing a wide array of body types, sizes, & shapes in a respectful, empowering & sensual light, it contests the narrowly defined, unrealistic beauty standards propagated by mainstream media. The increasing representation of diverse bodies in boudoir photography not only aids in normalizing a broad spectrum of body types but also catalyzes a societal shift towards more equitable & holistic notions of beauty!
What I Do Differently As A Body-Positive Boudoir Female Photographer
I proudly curate a studio that stands out for its inclusivity & ability to inspire & empower women — wherever they are on their personal journey. Here are some of the top things I do to create a body-positive studio.
- I never — under any circumstances — pressure anyone to “love” their body at any time.
- I am an expert at posing! Seriously! I am very skilled at posing women confidently & in a flattering manner that beautifully accentuates their bodies without doing anything out of their comfort zone.
- I refuse to do major airbrushing/photoshopping/body resizing to photos I take. I do offer some light edits for things like pimples or scars (at personal request) but if you’re looking for super photoshopped images, I am not your girl! I focus on the naturally perfect imperfections of everyone’s bodies & want to show you their beauty too!
- My studio has an anti-diet mindset. This means that NO changes need to happen before your shoot. Instead of punishing your body, spend the weeks leading up to your shoot doing whatever it is you enjoy doing. Spend it relaxing with friends, moving your body for health & eating whatever you normally do. You are a masterpiece TODAY & do not need to change a single thing about yourself.
- I do a pre-shoot meditation called the body peace meditation! It helps to remove any nerves & supports with getting in touch with the body for the shoot head.
- I’m a hype girl that will cheer you on the whole shoot & encourage you to keep going. I also respects all bodily autonomy & boundaries that you may have in place. I will never make you do anything you are not comfortable with.
- I always meet you where you are on your bodily journey while gently encouraging you to step out of your comfort zone.
- There is ZERO pressure to wear outfits you don’t wish to. You can wear whatever you want—seriously! As long its something that photographs well & fits well, its game! I have women wear long t-shirts with panties, to women going all nude. The choice is always yours.
Let’s Work Together!
Im going to end this article how I started it—with a reminder that I am a loud & proud of being a body-positive female boudoir photographer!
The path to body positivity & neutrality in our society involves challenging entrenched beauty standards & fostering appreciation for all body types—starting with your own body, today.
By harnessing powerful a body-positive boudoir shoot, you can empower yourself to celebrate your unique physical attributes, & in elevating the representation of diverse bodies, we can shift societal norms away from unrealistic beauty ideals towards a more inclusive, equitable understanding of beauty! Are you ready to take on this adventure of a life time? Use the form below to chat with me to get started on your body-positive boudoir experience!