When do you feel the sexiest? It could be when wearing comfortable clothes or workout attire, or maybe it’s when you wear your favorite pair of high heels with that slinky dress, or maybe the most opposite, something a little more modest. It will look different for every woman. Sexiness and confidence come from the inside and shine through, regardless of the outfit. When it comes to boudoir photography, this is what we strive for – a bold feminine being stepping out and doing something special to celebrate themselves. What you wear is a portal to achieving that feeling! Against popular notion, you do not need to be naked – or even show a ton of skin – to have an incredible, even sensual, boudoir photoshoot with jaw-dropping images.
So, What Can I Wear?
Whatever you’re going to feel gorgeous wearing, of course! Seriously, if you don’t feel like a rock star in your photoshoot outfit(s) it won’t matter that you have all the latest or “trendiest” ‘fits, because it will show you aren’t feeling it. I always encourage women to bring a bunch of looks that they love, as I will HAPPILY help style you! For my ladies who prefer to be a little more covered up, here are some of my suggestions:
- A cute blazer or cool leather jacket – with whatever you want underneath! You can pair it with cute full coverage panties or tights
- A long sleeve bodysuit – many bodysuits are available with some lace detailing on the arms and neck, for a subtle bit of skin. I also love when bodysuits have long sleeves and high necks, they’re super elegant and very flattering!
- Your favorite pants or jeans with a lingerie top
- A tight or loose t-shirt paired with panties or tights
- A soft, cozy cardigan paired with panties or tights
- A robe. Robes are always fun to play with, as we can play with coverage depending on how you’re feeling throughout the shoot
- A sheer scarf or sheets. You can opt to be naked underneath, but in the photographs, you can’t see much skin at all, or you can wear something underneath
Your Comfort is Key
I would hate for a woman who’s contemplating a boudoir photoshoot to miss out because they’re not comfortable wearing lingerie or being naked for the shoot. A boudoir shoot is 100% all about you, so whatever your reasons for wanting a more modest look is a personal decision that is 100% okay by me! Whether it’s your history, values, or religious beliefs that keep you more covered up, you will receive no judgement or pressure from me to be different.
Boudoir photography is so much more than looking sexy or being naked or donned in lingerie – sure that can be fun, too – but the true meaning behind these photoshoots is empowerment, celebrating the diverse definition of femininity, personal power, and confidence. You are a masterpiece, and you can get all those feelings in an outfit that allows your character and personality to shine through, whatever it might be.
Ready to do this?! Click the link below to send me a form. I am very happy to discuss outfits and details of your big day in greater detail.