When it comes to personal growth, ascending and ever-evolving is the name of the game. The goal is not to reach some enigmatic finish line (hint: it doesn’t exist) but rather to be open-minded to invite improvement and prosperity into your life.
How does that happen? It’s all in the little habits, baby! Those activities you do every day in the name of self-care and growth to become an increasingly joyful, successful person. One of my absolute favorites is journaling.
If you’re one of those people who haven’t written a journal since you were little, it’s time to change that. There are sooo many reasons to put pen to paper, including:
- Journaling helps to coordinate and understand your thoughts.
- Journaling is a new exercise for your brain and allows you to be a little creative, which is always good!
- Journaling helps improve your memory and concentration.
- Journaling can help you visualize your dreams and goals.
- Journaling can reduce your stress and anxiety.
- Journal prompts for personal growth (keep reading) can help you discover how to lead a happier and more fulfilling life.
Like any new habit, it does take a conscious effort to get started with journaling. But don’t worry, it’s nothing too crazy! Here are my hot takes to stick with it!
- Simply try and fit it into your existing morning or evening routine, whenever you feel most inspired. Why not sip your morning drink while writing some pages? Or, take 5 minutes after dinner to write your thoughts.
- Keep your journal somewhere visible to serve as a reminder. I keep mine on my bedside table!
- You can journal for as long or as little as you like whether that is 5 minutes or 1 hour! If you are super busy, set a timer.
30 Journal Prompts For Personal Growth To Get You Started
Getting started is always the hardest part. I am going to make that even easier for you, with the below prompts that will get you started.
- What character traits do I admire the most in others?
- What is something that I need to let go of?
- Where do I see myself in 6 months?
- What do I consider a failure in my life?
- What do I consider my biggest accomplishment in life?
- Am I settling for less than I deserve?
- What are 3 things that motivate me?
- Do I use screen time to better myself?
- Do I focus on being busy or being productive? Do I truly understand the difference?
- Which emotions do I prioritize?
- How do I spend my spare time?
- What is one thing I would tell my future self?
- What do I want to look back on this year and think?
- What are 1-3 ways I could manage my money better?
- What does my healthiest self look like?
- How am I incorporating continued learning in my life?
- How do I define ‘success’?
- Are there things I start saying no to in order to make myself happier?
- Who is my biggest role model/mentor and why?
- What are my coping strategies? Are these healthy?
- If I could teach a skill to someone else, what would it be?
- What am I going to achieve next month?
- What are my biggest time wasters?
- What are the 3 things in life that make me feel good and make me laugh? Can I incorporate more of this?
- When I’m feeling stressed or overwhelmed, what practices can I do for myself to feel centred and grounded?
- What does self-compassion mean to me?
- Consider a recent boundary I set. How has this improved my life?
- What can I do to make my morning/evening more enjoyable?
- I find peace when…
- Write down positive ways you have changed in the last year.
When In Doubt, Write It Out
If your self-care routine has gotten a little stagnant, try incorporating journaling and trying the prompts above. Journaling offers unique submergence into your inner thoughts & dialogue by pulling out fresh ideas and encouraging a deeper understanding of yourself. If you want to focus on self-care, check out my blog 30 Journal Prompts For Self-care.
Start, or continue, your journey of personal growth with the help of a pen and paper!
Which prompt excites you the most!?